Click HERE for current program offerings!
4-H Tech Wizards is a tiered mentoring project involving community organizations and volunteers focused on assisting Cowley County’s youth to acquire the mindsets and skill sets necessary to become tomorrow’s science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) professionals and industry and community leaders! The 4-H Tech Wizards project involves youth participants in experiential learning activities focused on STEM education and careers. 3rd-12th grade youth annually participate in 50 hours of STEM content through after-school hands on activities, along with summer capstone camps, service learning projects, and conferences.
4-H Tech Wizards enables 3-12 grade youth to:
• Learn the importance of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education achievement
• Develop Industry and career awareness
• Meet new people
• Engage in their communities through service learning projects
• Acquire emerging technology skills
• Build self-confidence through leadership on local and state technology teams
• Set and achieve goals
• Learn responsibility, and accountability through working on real-world projects
How you can help:
We are establishing partnerships with schools, communities and businesses to help recruit youth, adult mentors and resources for this program. If you or someone you know are interested in participating in this mentoring program, please contact Kelsey Holcomb, 4-H Youth Development agent at 620) 221-5450 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.